Microsoft certifications validate the skills to implement business solutions using Microsoft
technologies. Microsoft provides the core business and productivity software that organizations
depend on. Regardless of your industry or career path, having a clear understanding of Microsoft
technologies (and the certifications to back it up) will help accelerate your IT career. Microsoft
is continually updating its certification program to align with the latest technologies and job
roles. As of 2017, the Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) program has three key skill levels:
Technology Associate (MTA), Solutions Associate (MCSA), and Solutions Expert (MCSE/MCSD).
Microsoft’s latest certification program also features recertification. Dependent on the
certification(s) held, recertification requires MCPs to take an additional exam(s) every few years
to ensure their skill set aligns with the latest job roles and Microsoft technologies.
Recertification increases the value of Microsoft credentials by proving that an MCP's skills are
Levels of Microsoft Certifications
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certifications demonstrate fundamental knowledge in a key technical discipline, such
as software development, databases, networking and security. These certificates are designed for students and individuals
not yet working in the IT industry, but who plan on beginning a career in one of these vital tech domains.
MTA certifications demand no prerequisites, and are not required to reach the next levels of Microsoft certification.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certifications are designed for working IT professionals and job-seekers in
the early stages of their career. MCSA certifications demonstrate the ability to build on-site and cloud-based solutions
in one of Microsoft’s core technology platforms, e.g., Windows Server, Windows Client, SQL Server, Azure or Office.
Solutions Associate certificates are a prerequisite to reach Microsoft's expert-level credentials.
Microsoft's expert class of credentials includes Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
certifications for IT professionals, and Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
certifications for software developers. Where the MCSA certificate measures skills in a single core
technology, Microsoft's expert-level certifications validate an individual’s wide-ranging technical
skills and ability to build on-premise and cloud-optimized solutions incorporating multiple Microsoft
Benefits of Microsoft Certifications for Individuals
• Microsoft Certified Professionals gain market-relevant skills that employers recognize and respect.
• Earning the latest Microsoft certifications proves you are up-to-date with new Microsoft releases.
• Passing Microsoft certification exams demonstrates advanced technical problem-solving skills.
• Microsoft certifications help distinguish you from competing job candidates for IT positions.
• Committing the time and resources to earn Microsoft certifications proves career dedication.
• MCPs gain access to a huge global community of certified professionals, featuring exclusive networking opportunities, conferences, parties, training sessions and special events.
• Microsoft Certified Professionals have access to exclusive online career-building resources including:
1. Microsoft Transcript Tool - Share password-protected transcripts with hiring managers and employers.
2. Microsoft Certificate Manager - Create, download and print customized certificates of IT achievement.
3. Logo Builder - Design custom logos to enhance your brand and highlight your Microsoft certifications.
Benefits of Microsoft Certifications for Businesses
• MCPs have the skills and expertise to maximize the ROI of Microsoft software and hardware.
• Microsoft Certified Professionals are proven to be more efficient and productive in the workplace.
• Businesses employing MCPs can leverage the power of the Microsoft brand to attract and win new business.
• Companies employing Microsoft Certified Professionals experience less downtime and lower employee turnover.
Click here to Download Microsoft Certification Programme Brochure